-
CQ CQ CQ CQ DE WX4AR WX4AR K

The Tuckerton Wireless Tower

 

Circa 1916

Tuckerton was the home of the Tuckerton Wireless Tower. The tower was constructed by the Germans in 1912. It is rumored that it was used to send the message to order the attack by a German U-boat on the RMS Lusitania in 1915.

The tower was taken over by the U.S. Navy when America entered the war on April 6, 1917. The 680-foot steel tower, anchored by three large concrete blocks, was taken down on December 27, 1955. The three huge anchor blocks still exist today.

One of three anchor blocks


0 comments: