-


CQ CQ CQ CQ DE WX4AR WX4AR K

Amateur Radio and Weather


Two of my favorite things in the world are weather watching and Amateur Radio. My radio along with my Davis Weather Station I can enjoy both.

In the summer of 2009 I was tuning around the 40-meter band and heard my dream come true net. The North Central Amateur Radio Service A.K.A. NorCars. This net provides road, weather and gas price information for mobile operators. The first time you check in you become a lifetime member and membership is free.

On this net folks actually report current and forecasted weather conditions along with their local prices for gasoline. I was instantly hooked and check in almost daily.

If you are like me and love Amateur Radio and are also a weather freak I highly recommend you check out NorCars. They meet daily 8:15AM and 5:00PM EST on or about 7.197mhz.

Please visit the NorCars web site - http://www.QSL.net/NorCars

0 comments: